I’ve been really bad lately, neglecting my blog. 😦 I think it’s because as this trip draws near, I’m getting so overwhelmed by everything that still has to be done that I try to put things off and not think about them. Which of course makes everything 10x worse. What I really need to do is get focused and push on through. I can take a breather when I’m in London, chillin at my friend’s flat. Until then, I need to go Go GO! if I want to get everything done. No more excuses Kat! (yes, I’m giving myself a pep talk)
Here’s a list of what needs to be done by August 28th.
1. Buy my plane ticket from the US to London (oops, I was supposed to do that weeks ago…)
2. Sell my computer
3. Buy an ipad mini and learn how to use it
4. Have a yard sale and sell an apartment’s worth of furniture, etc.
5. Finalize my europe plans
6. Get the rest of my vaccines
7. Close my current checking account and open one through Charles Schwab (no atm fees!)
8. Spend as much time as humanly possible with my family and friends
9. Keep updating my blog/figure out how to post video blogs
10. Sell my moped
11. Settle up everything in need of settling (utilities, townhouse rental, health insurance, jobs, bank accounts, legal stuff, etc)
Ok, I’m sure there is more, but this is what I could think of off the top of my head. You are probably thinking one of two things. Either a) Wow that is a lot to do, you’re never going to get all that done or b) That’s not so much, why are you whining you big baby.
My rebuttal to both is it’s not a lot of tasks to complete (if I could actually focus), but it is a lot to deal with emotionally because I’m basically ending my current life and starting a brand new one.
That being said, I know I can do this. And the end result is worth it…life on my own terms.
Freak out averted.